Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ruby

I adopted Ruby about 6 months ago after I read her description on SDRofMN. She didn't have a photo posted at the time but I knew just who she was when I went to the adoption event: big eyes, tongue hanging out of a toothless mouth. That was her; she was the one. She was a very shy, timid dog who stayed close to her foster mom. I have been coaxing her out of her shell by exposing her to different situations. I even brought her to work a couple times to show her off. Everybody loves her. I mean EVERYBODY! People always stop when they see her and to her attention. She loves to sit in my lap while I work at the computer. My husband and I even took her to obedience school. That was quite a challenge since she is deaf, but we use hand signals to communicate basic commands. She sits quietly at her food bowl and waits for her food to arrive, she knows which window to run to and look out of when we are coming and going, she knows when it is time to go to bed and wants to gather us in
the bedroom, she is gaining confidence going up and down our open stairway, she has met many dogs in the neighborhood. Ruby is really precious and has grown in spirit. It's such a joy to see her grow and adapt to her new environment. To challenge her even more I am fostering another SDR dog. It has been a good experience for everybody.
File #0 Ruby 1.JPG exceeds the maximum file size. Error: 1.
File #0 Ruby 4.JPG exceeds the maximum file size. Error: 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment