Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Our Little Buddy

Just over a year ago I rode along to Rochester with my daughter who volunteers with SDR, to pick up a 12 yr old hearing impaired Maltese mix named Buddy. She was going to foster him until he was adopted. Buddy sat on my lap on the way home and I think we started bonding then!! I kiddingly said that I should maybe take him home with me (we'd always been a one dog household). To make a long story short, he did go home with my daughter that day, however he was back at our house to stay 3 days later on October 16, 2011. It didn't take him long to adjust to us and his new surroundings. He follows me all over and he and our 10 yr old Westie, Ernie, are great pals and have their daily play chases. Buddy will be 14 yrs old on December 1st, and he's doing so well. He's very active, and loves to go for walks and explore our big yard. He is good with our small grandchildren, is well trained and has been a great addition to our household. We just love him! His previous adoptive
family was thinking about putting him to sleep because of some minor behavior issues, but thanks to SDR he wound up with us instead! With the help of our vet and some medication for his "getting older" condition, he is doing wonderful! He is a very happy little guy and loves to drag treat bags from the pantry to a nice soft spot for him and Ernie to eat! He has a lot of personalty! Don't let age be a factor in adopting-senior dogs are wonderful and we can't imagine our family without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment