Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Onyx Athena Scholl

I first heard about Small Dog Rescue on the news where Mini Mite was the featured dog. I grew up with small dogs, but have not have the chance to have my own dog for 10 years due to living in an apartment. I finally purchased my first home last fall. After settling in, I realized something was missing, a dog!!! I quickly volunteered to be a foster with SDR. My first assignment was Aegina, a puppy mill papillion. Just as I was starting to form a bond with Aegina, she was adopted (by my coworker no less!) Next came Onyx, I've never had a dog bond to me so fast and only me, the first night together, she slept right under my arm. I had heard she had separation anxiety and could become destruction when left alone, so I chose to kennel her during the work day. I came home and she had moved her kennel completely around my kitchen island and down two steps into my living room, I imagine she was running in it like a hamster wheel. The next day, she was allowed free reign of t
he house and I have had no issues with her destroying anything at all. It was about after a week of having Onyx that I knew I would not be able to give her up, she was mine!!! She was the cheese to my macaroni, the ketchup to my fry. She's my mirror image, we both love to nap and eat snacks. Anyway I adopted her and she has been an aboslute joy!!!! Check out our new family pictures.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are adorable! I am so happy you found one another. :) And you know where to find a little brother or sister for Onyx Athena if you two ever decide that's what you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, great story. Love does find a way...

    ReplyDelete