Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Mr Wilson

When i picked him up in MPLS his name was Mac. By the time we drove to Duluth he changed his name to Mr. Wilson. Mr Wilson joined our household of myself, two teens and two cats, and a neighborhood of other dogs and kids who all play together.

It took me a while but I figured out that I had to treat Mr Wilson as if he had a stroke. He had to learn everything, like walking up strairs, the concept of water, pooping and peeing outside and having as much water and food as he needed. I can not imagine his first 2 1/2 years in a puppy mill. The separation anxiety that he had daily.

With help from the vet and the MSDR trainers, and Prozac, Mr Wilson is no longer suffering from the terrible bouts of anxiety.

Its almost a year since he has been in our home. I wanted a walking partner, a dog who liked to hike rain, shine or snow. On on of our hikes this fall he made a point of walking in every mud bog there was. HE LIKEs TO GET DIRTY. He also loves the snow, he and I are well suited, we both prefer to be outdside.

No comments:

Post a Comment